ANPUD is an issues based membership network of people who use drugs that has MIPUD principle (Meaningful Involvement of People who Use Drugs) as our guiding philosophy. ANPUD believes that services (prevention, care & treatment) for People who Use Drugs, irrespective of age, gender, social status, ,religious beliefs or position in society, must be comprehensive, evidence based and easily accessible. Services should be based on a harm reduction philosophy and must be voluntary, compassionate and acceptable
The Structure of ANPUD is three-fold:
A) The Membership B) The Thai Foundation Board, and C) The ANPUD Executive Board.
Any individual with a history of drug use or organization/network of people who use drugs is eligible to be a member of ANPUD.
The Thai Foundation Board:
The Thai Foundation Board Members are the legal custodians of the Foundation and responsible for all legal and administrative requirements as determined by the Ministry of Interior, Government of The Kingdom of Thailand, and will cooperate with organizational decisions made by the Executive Board of ANPUD.
The Executive Board:
ANPUD’s primary functioning, decisions on programs, policies, advocacy and guidance to the Secretariat is the responsibility of the Executive Board (the Board). The Board will consist of Nine (9) representatives, comprising of (i) Chairperson (ii) Vice Chairperson, (iii) Secretary, (iv) Joint Secretary, v) Treasurer and (vi) Four Executive Members.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the Executive Board in brief are:
- Setting the agenda for the strategic plan of ANPUD and reviewing it on an ongoing basis.
- Discussions on organizational matters and decisions as put forward by the Executive Board.
- Approval of Annual Reports and Audited Statement of Accounts.
- Endorsement of previous Executive Board meeting reports.
- Approval of new members/member organizations.
- Meeting at least once a year at the Annual Executive Board meeting.
- Strengthen ANPUD by representing the organization in their communitiessource new members.
- Discussion of country level issues that need attention that the ANPUD Board should highlight at International or Regional platforms.